onCourse 2.1.12

edited April 2012 in News
onCourse 2.1.12 has been uploaded to our download pages and the release notes are now available

http://www.ish.com.au/oncourse/start/download/releasenotes/release-note-2112

We strongly recommend this update for users of onCourse who take enrolments via an onCourse website

* Improvements to website replication process that caused some types of edge case enrolments and payments to fail within onCourse
* Improvements to payment confirmation process to prevent in transaction enrolment and payment states
* Updates to student details replication to include additional address data (state) in student portal

Comments

• Hi Natalie,

Just did an upgrade this morning, I normally run Windows64 bit service. When I restarted, it started, then stopped. I then tried the normal server version, and it did a similar thing.

I have rolled back to the previous version I had (2.1.8) and it seems to be OK at this stage.

Below is the log of what is happening...

05 Apr 2012 10:19:48,913 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer::171) - onCourse server (build 2.1.12) starting...
    05 Apr 2012 10:19:56,542 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer:logStartup:346) - Starting database service
    05 Apr 2012 10:19:57,759 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.db.DerbyAdapter::171) - succeeded in initialising the data file : C:\Users\OfficeMgr\Documents\onCourse.iocdata\onCourse
    05 Apr 2012 10:19:59,022 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer:logStartup:346) - Starting internal services
    05 Apr 2012 10:19:59,849 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer:logStartup:346) - Running data upgrades
    05 Apr 2012 10:19:59,912 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.db.DataUpgradeService:upgradeData:217) - data population running...
    05 Apr 2012 10:20:00,489 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.db.DataUpgradeService:upgradeData:227) - applying the data upgrade patches...
    05 Apr 2012 10:20:00,770 WARN (ish.oncourse.server.upgrades.DataUpgrade:execute:86) - Data has to be updated, applying : requeueObjectsWithoutWillowIds
    05 Apr 2012 10:20:01,815 ERROR(ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer:start:318) - server startup failed
    java.lang.Exception: Server start failed on basic level, aborting startup of other services
    at ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer.start(AngelServer.java:264)
    at ish.oncourse.server.gui.WelcomeFrame$1.run(WelcomeFrame.java:244)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Upgrade process have failed, server startup aborted.
    at ish.oncourse.server.db.DataUpgradeService.upgradeData(DataUpgradeService.java:238)
    at ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer.start(AngelServer.java:255)
    ... 2 more
    Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot upgrade the data to version requeueObjectsWithoutWillowIds, server startup aborted.
    at ish.oncourse.server.upgrades.DataUpgrade.execute(DataUpgrade.java:117)
    at ish.oncourse.server.db.DataUpgradeService.upgradeData(DataUpgradeService.java:233)
    ... 3 more
    Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.validation.ValidationException: [v.3.1M2 Mar 04 2011 19:49:48] Validation failures: Validation failure for ish.oncourse.server.cayenne.QueuedTransaction.transactionKey: "transactionKey" is required.
    Validation failure for ish.oncourse.server.cayenne.QueuedTransaction.transactionKey: "transactionKey" is required.
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStoreGraphDiff.validateAndCheckNoop(ObjectStoreGraphDiff.java:111)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:800)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:750)
    at ish.oncourse.server.ISHDataContext.commitChanges(ISHDataContext.java:114)
    at ish.oncourse.server.upgrades.DataUpgrade33.runUpgrade(DataUpgrade33.java:92)
    at ish.oncourse.server.upgrades.DataUpgrade.execute(DataUpgrade.java:93)
    ... 4 more
  • Thanks for providing us with the log file. I have passed this on to our development team to find out more information about what has gone wrong with the upgrade process. I'll let you know as soon as a I have an answer.
  • Our development team have reviewed this and say that the issue has been fixed in onCourse 3.0. You should be able to upgrade to that when it is released in the next few weeks.