Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crash after upgrading to Version 8.0.2 Build 41432

Have just downloaded the latest ish upgrade for MacOs X and every time I try to open the Ish server using the onCourse.iocdata file I have on my desktop, the server crashes without opening. I am operating MacOsX Version 10.9.5

I am panicking a bit as I have submitted data to DETConnect for the annual AVETMISS collection and have some errors to fix. I thought upgrading the system may assist with some of the problems I have encountered. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
Kerry :-)

Comments

• Hi Kerry

I'm assuming you aren't a paid customer with support (if you are, call us right away!). The answer to your problem is like one of two things:

1. onCourse 8 now requires Java 8 as a minimum. Make sure you are running that.
    2. The onCourse Server generates logs which should tell you what it is doing as it starts up. The answer should be in there.
  • Hi Ari and thank you for your quick response.

1. I have downloaded the latest version of Java and rebooted my Mac. I have also re-installed the latest version of Ish onCourse - Server and Client. Same problem unfortunately. The server gets to 'preparing server for client connections' then crashes again.
    2. I am having problems finding the log at this stage. Any other suggestions that I can try?

Cheers,
    Kerry

• The log will have the answer. It should be located in the same folder as the place you installed the onCourse Server application.

• Hi Ari,

I just found the log, although it makes no sense to me. I have attached if you could please have a look? If needed I am more than happy to pay for some support to rectify this problem.

Regards,

Kerry

• Look for the last few lines in the log and it should tell you a bit about what it is trying to do when it stopped. I don't think this forum supports attachments, so the file didn't come through.

• OK, i have copied the last few lines:

Caused by: ERROR 42X04: Column 'T0.DATA' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE statement then 'T0.DATA' is not a column in the target table.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ColumnReference.bindExpression(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ResultColumn.bindExpression(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ResultColumnList.bindExpressions(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SelectNode.bindExpressions(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bindExpressions(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bind(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CursorNode.bindStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown Source)
    ... 39 more
    04 Feb 2016 10:13:07,434 [Thread-3] WARN (ish.oncourse.server.AngelServer:handleQuit:521) - onCourse server stopping... {}[]

• That's a little odd. A few lines before that it should tell you what upgrade it was trying to do. What version of onCourse are you upgrading from? Did you try to upgrade previously and interrupt it part way through the upgrade?

• This is a bit of info from above the last lot from the log. I had been using the previous version yesterday, it was Version 7 ...not sure of the build as I have replaced it with this new one.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Column 'T0.DATA' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE statement then 'T0.DATA' is not a column in the target table.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement42.(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver42.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.cayenne.conn.ConnectionWrapper.prepareStatement(ConnectionWrapper.java:282)
    at org.apache.cayenne.conn.ConnectionWrapper.prepareStatement(ConnectionWrapper.java:288)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.TransactionConnectionDecorator.prepareStatement(TransactionConnectionDecorator.java:187)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.trans.QueryAssembler.createStatement(QueryAssembler.java:208)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.SelectAction.performAction(SelectAction.java:68)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java:88)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:281)
    ... 27 more

• Maybe you better send the entire log to support@ish.com.au and I'll take a look.