Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Automatic email invoice and enrolment confirmation

edited January 2013 in onCourse discussions
Im running V4.0rc1 and oncourse send two emails automatically every time I enrol a person (invoice and enrolment confirmation). It there a way we can change this preference? Its not prefereable for students to be recieving email when we are re-enrolling them in different classes.

Comments

• Hi Mark,

Unfortunately this is not something you can disable per enrolment, it is a whole system setting. We do have plans in the next version of onCourse to provide more options for when emails are sent.

In the meantime, I would suggest temporarily removing the mail server address details from your onCourse preferences > messaging panel to suppress the sending of all emails. You will see a notice at the end of the enrolment process that email preferences are disabled and no emails can be sent.

When you have finished re-enrolling the students, add the mail server address back in and automated emails will resume.

Regards,
    Natalie

• thanks, look foward to the next version.
    Mark.
  • Hi Natalie,
    Ive upraged to the new version 4.0. From what I can see (or cant see) the emails are still being sent automatically. Is there any talk of implementing this option?
    Mark.
  • When Natalie said "next version", she was referring to onCourse 5.0. We'll have a 4.1 release soon and a 5.0 release in Q3 2013. That release has some major improvements to the Quick Enrol process scheduled, including this particular feature. Development work is about to begin on these features now.